
The newly appointed chief minister of Karnataka, HD Kumaraswamy has assured that he will remain the CM of the state till at least 2019.
While addressing a press conference in Bengaluru, he said, "no one can 'touch' me at least till the 2019 Lok Sabha polls are over".
"This coalition government will function with stability. I know, no one can touch me for one year. I will be there at least for one year, until the Lok Sabha election is over. Until then, no one can do anything to me", he said.
He said he would not "remain silent" during the tenure and would focus on taking steps for the benefit of the state. He also said that he would not waste his time and would work for the progress of the state in all spheres.
"So in the opportunity that I have got, rather than going into what others have done, what I have done will be my message. In doing this, the environment is also in my favour (with good rains)," he said.
Kumaraswamy'scomments have come amid the rising speculations of conflicts between the two parties.
According to media reports, the Congress-JD(S) led coalition government in Karnataka underwent tussle in allocating portfolios to its ministers.
Kumaraswamy had earlier that he had come to power in the state with the blessing Congress president Rahul Gandhi.
The JD(S) entered into an alliance with the Congress after the May 12 result of Karnataka elections threw a hung assembly. The two parties who have had bitterly fought each other and also had an unsuccessful coalition government in the past United to keep the BJP out of power in the state.
In his address, Kumaraswamy also spoke about waiving the farm loans of the farmers in the state.
(With inputs from PTI)